Thursday, January 29, 2009

Dosha Quiz-

What’s my Dosha?

Circle A, B or C to answer the following questions;
choose whichever you think best describes you and your personality.

BODY

1. My least favorite kind of weather is
a. cold weather
b. hot weather
c. damp weather

2. a. My hands and feet tend to be cold
b. My hands are usually warm
c. My hands are usually cool

3. a. My weight is below average for my build
b. My weight is average for my build
c. My weight is above average for my build

4. a. I tend to lose weight easily
b. I maintain my weight easily
c. I gain weight easily

5. a. My skin tends to be dry and tough, especially in winter
b. My skin is soft and ruddy
c. My skin is oily and moist

6. The most prominent feature about my hair is that
a. it tends to be dry
b. it’s fine, thin, reddish, or prematurely gray
c. it’s thick and wavy

7. a. I walk quickly more quickly than others
b. I have a determined walk, just to get where I’m going
c. My walk is slow and steady a more leisurely pace

8. a. I like to be active, “on the go”; it’s sometimes hard to sit still
b. I enjoy physical activities with a purpose, especially competitive ones
c. I like leisurely activities best

9. On a daily basis
a. my appetite varies
b. I am uncomfortable skipping meals
c. I like to eat but can skip meals easily

10. a. I tend to eat quickly; I have a delicate digestion
b. I have a strong digestion; I can eat almost anything
c. I eat and digest slowly

11. a. I get worn out easily
b. I am fairly strong and can handle various physical activities
c. I have good stamina and a steady energy level

12. a. I am fairly flexible
b. I am fairly muscular
c. I am fairly solid and big-boned




MIND

13. When conflicts arise,
a. I can be anxious and restless
b. I can become intense and irritable
c. I can get lazy or depressed

14. a. My moods change quickly
b. My moods change slowly
c. My moods are mostly steady

15. a. Under stress, I am easily excited
b. Under stress, I can be angry or critical
c. I’m pretty easygoing; it takes a lot to stress me out

16. The most prominent feature of my personality is that
a. I am creative, imaginative
b. I am intelligent, efficient, a perfectionist
c. I am caring, calm, and patient

17. a. I have lots of ideas and change my mind about things easily.
b. I gather lots of facts before forming an opinion
c. I am stubborn; I make up my mind quickly and don’t change my mind often

18. a. I have a short attention span
b. I am detail-oriented and can focus for long periods of time
c. I am a “big-picture” person and can focus for long periods of time

19. a. I learn quickly and forget quickly
b. I have a good general memory
c. I learn slowly and have a good long-term memory

20. a. I am good at getting things started but not necessarily at finishing them
b. I am very organized and will see a project through from start to finish
c. I may need help getting things started, but I am good at getting things accomplished

21. a. I tend to make and change friends often
b. Most of my friends are work-related and change when I change jobs
c. My friendships are long-lasting and sincere

22. a. I like to shop and often spend too much money
b. I don’t like to spend money, except on special items
c. I prefer not to spend at all; I’m good at saving money

23. a. I have difficulty falling or staying asleep
b. I sleep well, for an average length of time
c. I generally sleep long and soundly, and have difficulty waking up

24. a. I have lots of dreams but can’t remember them specifically
b. I can remember most of my dreams; I often dream in color
c. I only remember dreams when they are intense or significant

Now add up the totals, your highest score is your dosha type:

MIND type: Vata (a) _____ Pitta (b) _____Kapha (c) _____

BODY type: Vata (a) _____ Pitta (b) _____ Kapha (c) _____

No comments: